Not too much new to report today, except that my knee gradually feels better each day - I'm more comfortable moving in bed, can put weight on it (although not walking without crutches! Just tiny shuffles) and generally feel reassured that it is actually 'solid'!
Another trip to the beach to lie in the sun was the highlight today. I could get used to this! It was nice to just watch the world go by - adults, kids, dogs, horses all enjoying the beach. A kind lady offered my her beach chair while she took her dog for a walk. Seeing as I had already manoeuvred myself down onto the sand and getting back up is a bit tricky I decline, but it was nice of her to offer!
The exercises I'm doing (4 times a day, lying on the floor) are
- Extensions (straight leg, contracting quad and trying to pull toes toward me and push knee down) x 10
- Towel under knee and press down with heel and quad/hamstring muscles x 10
- Put something under heel and let knee fall down, gently push and hold for five seconds and then release x 10
- Heel slides (sliding foot towards bum until leg is bent 90 degrees) x 10
- Heel slides sitting on a chair x 10
Obviously these are just my instructions - you should follow what you've been told by your surgeon/physio as I think it varies a lot depending on the type of surgery and whether you had any meniscus repairs.
No comments:
Post a Comment