Pages

Friday, 2 October 2015

Day 3 - Sausage leg

Phew today has been positively enjoyable, I've ditched the codine and just take ibuprofen and paracetamol now, and am feeling fine, no sickness.  My knee doesn't feel particularly painful while it is still any way, but for bends/moves/clenches the painkillers help!

I went back to ward this morning to have the bandage taken off and replaced with a tubigrip.  Saw my knee! Hello knee! it's got 4 (or 5?) incisions, each covered with a dressing.  All a bit lumpy and swollen in places but really not bad considering - no blood or oozing! The physio packaged my knee in a doubled-up tubi-grip using a technique that must have been borrowed from the sausage industry, and off I went on my cheery way ... slowly! I'm not fully weight-bearing yet on the crutches but I'm happy enough walking on them, it just takes me ten times longer to get anywhere.

The tubi-grip feels loads better, I can feel what is my knee and what isn't, I can bend it more, and I can but peas/cyro-cuff on and actually feel the cold!  I've done two rounds of the physio regime so far today (of a recommended four) and can almost bend my leg to 90 degrees, which I'm happy about!

All in all a good day - no sickness, started physio, feeling perky and beginning to feel how it is possible that my knee will feel better and better.  Well done knee!

No comments:

Post a Comment