Day 2 started well, I got half a really good night's sleep, then woke up for the loo and lay awake a while listening to my stomach gurgle. By 7am I was raring to go, looking forward to breakfast, starting on physio and even doing a bit of work on my laptop.
However, after a hearty breakfast my stomach had other ideas and it seems I'm not too good with the strong pain killers. I've been sick and have not taken any more pain killers, mainly because I didn't feel I could keep any food or water down long enough to do so!
So, knee is feeling pretty sore and fragile (have had two paracetamol all day), and I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself - well, I guess I had to expect to feel as though I'd had surgery at some point!
Feeling better this evening and will try some food and another ibuprofen. A surprise visit from some good friends perked me up too.
I've been wiggling toes, clenching muscles and keeping extension with leg raised most of the day. When I get up knee feels weird, almost as though it is being held together by the bandages and seems hard to believe that I should be off crutches in under two weeks - this is where I'm grateful to all those other blogs I've read who've said it is possible!
I'm also extremely grateful to NHS Wales - I've had two phone calls today from a nurse on the ward and from the physio to check how I'm doing, and they were there on the other end of the phone when I needed some advice about the painkiller sickness, too. Thank you NHS!
Looking forward to tomorrow, I hope without sickness!
No comments:
Post a Comment